- An Overview of Our Impact on Planet Earth and the Natural Forces Shaping Our Future
Second Edition available January 2020A new edition of the 10-volume Berkshire Encyclopedia of Sustainability is underway. No other reference so thoroughly and dynamically surveys the history, current research, and developments that are of vital interest to students, professionals, and general readers. No library can be called complete without it.
- Sale!Religion and Sustainability, a Berkshire Essential, explores the ties between humans and their environment across a wide range of perspectives: from Buddhism, Bahai, Hinduism, and Daoism to Christianity, Judaism, and Islam, as well as those of indigenous traditions around the world.
- Sale!Finance and Investment for Sustainability, a Berkshire Essential, explores how a green economy can be created and sustained - using sustainability in both the environmental and financial sense of the word.
- Business Strategies and Management for Sustainability, a Berkshire Essential, explores how a green economy can be created and sustained. Articles cover a wide variety of topics including “greenwashing,” local economies, and corporate social responsibility.
- Energy Industries and Sustainability, a Berkshire Essential, covers the exploitation of energy resources—such as coal, petroleum, and wood—and the innovations that may provide the energy we need for a cleaner, safer, and more sustainable future.
- If you've given up hope for planet Earth, the Armchair Environmentalist is the book to restore your faith. Focusing on what really matters - simple changes, and new habits - it shows that each of us can make a difference, even in only a few minutes a day.
- In Ecosystem Services for Sustainability, a Berkshire Essential, environmental scientists and ethicists explore the variety of benefits that ecosystems provide. The articles are written for the general reader interested in learning how nature provides for humankind, and how humankind can protect those valuable natural resources.
- The 10-volume Berkshire Encyclopedia of Sustainability is a unified resource that provides a balanced perspective on 21st-century global environmental issues.
- The final volume of the Encyclopedia of Sustainability includes essays from well-known thinkers, a directory of sustainability programs, and a master index.