|2-9 copies||10% off (normally 5%)|
|10-19 copies||20% off (normally 10%)|
|20-29 copies||30% off (normally 20%)|
|30+ copies||40% off (normally 30%)|
- Big History, Small World: From the Big Bang to You blends history and science in the unique approach called "big history" and is designed for high-school students. Cynthia Stokes Brown takes a humanistic approach to material that includes meteorology, astronomy, chemistry and physics, and cell biology. This provides an ideal introduction for any reader intrigued by this rich blend of history and science. In the first chapter, Brown discusses the scientific method. In the last chapter she discusses the different ways people interpret big history and find meaning in it. The other ten chapters are based on eight major turning points, or thresholds, in the cosmic story.
- The Internet in China, a Berkshire Essential, provides much-needed context and historical background for the technological development that is transforming Chinese society and creating new conflicts and new opportunities.
- The Berkshire Dictionary of Chinese Biography uses the life stories of 135 key individuals, selected from the earliest dynasties to the present day, to tell the story of China itself over the entire span of its history.
- Business Strategies and Management for Sustainability, a Berkshire Essential, explores how a green economy can be created and sustained. Articles cover a wide variety of topics including “greenwashing,” local economies, and corporate social responsibility.
- Energy Industries and Sustainability, a Berkshire Essential, covers the exploitation of energy resources—such as coal, petroleum, and wood—and the innovations that may provide the energy we need for a cleaner, safer, and more sustainable future.
- Challenge to China draws attention to an underappreciated aspect of legal reforms in Taiwan: its 2009 abolition of labor camps for liumang, very loosely translated as "hooligans," and asks how Taiwan's experience might be relevant to its giant neighbor across the Taiwan Strait.
- This Is Islam presents a lively introduction to a religion that has a dramatic history and plays a crucial role in the world today.
- Visit beautiful Prince Edward Island in the 1920s in these stories of Summers Long Ago spent by a city boy who grew up to be a famous world historian.