The five-volume Berkshire Encyclopedia of Chinese Cuisines will be a comprehensive resource on the world’s most varied culinary terrain, bringing together the rich traditions and global influence of the many cuisines of China.
Berkshire Encyclopedia of Chinese Cuisines
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
The Berkshire Encyclopedia of Chinese Cuisines will be the first comprehensive resource on the world’s most varied culinary terrain – bringing together the rich traditions and global influence of the cuisines of China in a work of scholarship that is also of practical value. The five-volume encyclopedia will be a treasure trove of food lore, food history, culinary concepts and techniques, dishes with their variations, and biographies of famous chefs, gourmets, and writers.
The Berkshire Encyclopedia of Chinese Cuisines covers:
- Cuisines (national, regional, and ethnic, religious, and other styles)
- Cooking and eating (utensils, meal patterns, and division of labor)
- Food in history (emergence of agriculture, spread of foods, colonialism and food, etc.)
- Food in culture (ritual uses of foods and food in art, music, and literature)
- Foodstuffs (from rice and potatoes to salt and saffron)
- Culinary concepts and techniques, including preservation
- Dishes with their variations
- Famous culinary institutes, cooking schools, museums and libraries, and books
- Important chefs, gourmets, and authors
- Chinese food around the world