Living in a foreign country can be a challenge, especially when you are not familiar with the local culture and traditions. Below is a short list of (nonfiction) books about life in the USA, US history, American English, and more practical tips on living in America.
- What’s Up America? A Foreigner’s Guide to Understanding Americans. By Diane Asitimbay. 2004.
- The Lost Continent: Travels in Small-Town America. By Bill Bryson. 1990.
- Made in America: An Informal History of the English Language in the United States. By Bill Bryson. 1996.
- 101 American Customs – Understanding Language and Culture Through Common Practices. By Harry Collis. 1999.
- Spotlight on the USA. By Randee Falk. 1994.
- Newcomers Guide to America. By Val Juhasz. Available for purchase (print and ebook) at this website: http://www.newcomersguideusa.com/usa_newcomers_guide_ebook.html
- Unsolved Mysteries of American History: An Eye-Opening Journey through 500 Years of Discoveries, Disappearances, and Baffling Events. By Paul Aron. 1998.
Leave A Comment