Curious about the professors and other experts who come up with ideas, test their hypotheses, and create the books and other publications that make the rest of us ready for life on this beautiful planet in the 21st century? Berkshire Publishing Group is a small company that tackles great big topics, thanks to the help of a network of many thousands of brilliant people working in universities, thinktanks, and corporations around the world. Get to know them at our Bookworld podcast with host Karen Christensen, Berkshire’s CEO and founder. Comments and requests to email@example.com. Berkshire Publishing Group 宝库山 is a specialist press, known for its work on China, world history, “big” history, and environmental sustainability.
- How to Finish Your Academic Writing Project: Practical Advice for Professors, Junior Faculty, and PhD Candidates Joli Jensen introduces her tested methods for completing academic writing projects in spite of the distractions and pressures inherent in university life in this Berkshire Bookworld podcast. Click here to listen.
- Leaving Western Civ Behind by William H. McNeill William H. (Bill) McNeill (1917-2016) continued to write for decades after his retirement from the University of Chicago. He published several books, including The Human Web, with his son J. R. McNeill, and an autobiography called The Pursuit of Truth. In that book he details his experiences on the 1992 Christopher Columbus Quincentenary Jubilee Commission. Bill was no ... Click here to listen.
- Brexit, TPP, and the UK-China Relationship Kerry Brown discusses Brexit, UK-China relations, and how the anti-globalization mood evident today is likely to affect Chinese politics, both domestically and internationally. He presents a realistic but generally positive view of the opportunities for research and collaboration. This podcast will be useful to teachers, scholars, and business professionals concerned about China’s role in the ... Click here to listen.
More from Berkshire Bookworld
- Teaching Big History
- An Introduction to Big History
- Books on the shelf, books as a lifeline
- Chinese Rice Wines and Spirits: An Introduction to Traditional Chinese Beverages
- Pairing Wine with Chinese Food
- Opera and Classical Music in China Today
- The View from the Mountain Top with Professor David Christian
- Confucius: Philosophy and Human Purpose
- Sophia Mumford talks about working at The Dial in the 1920s
- Revolutionary Leadership and China’s Transformations