For Immediate Release: 26 June 2009
Karen Christensen requests the pleasure of your company at the
Berkshire Publishing Group Public Lecture in World History
“Leaving Western Civ Behind”
by William H. McNeill, Emeritus, University of Chicago,
author of The Rise of The West, Plagues and Peoples, and The Human Web
and senior editor of the The Berkshire Encyclopedia of World History
6.15pm on Friday 26 June 2009
Reception sponsored by the College Board for WHA conference attendees 7.15-8.30pm
National Park Service Visitor Center, 2 New Liberty Street, Salem, Massachusetts
Full program for the World History Association conference
Salem is approximately 15 miles north of Boston.
From the North:
1. From I-95 southbound, take Exit #45 (“ Gloucester”) onto MA-128 North.
2. From MA-128, take Exit #26 onto Lowell Street eastbound (right turn), toward Peabody/Salem.
3. Continue on Lowell Street, which becomes Main Street, and then becomes Boston Street.
4. Turn left onto Bridge Street (MA-107).
5. In the first rotary, take the first exit onto Washington Street.
6. Turn left onto Church Street.
7. Turn right onto New Liberty Street (which becomes Liberty Street) and continue to 2 Liberty Street.
From the West:
1. From I-90 (Mass. Turnpike), take Exit #14 (“I-95 N/MA-30/MA-128 N”) towards New Hampshire/Maine/Points North.
2. Merge onto MA-128 northbound (“Waltham/Gloucester”) via left exit.
3. From this point, follow the directions from MA-128 in “From the North”, above.
From Boston and Points South (via MA-1A):
1. Take Route 1A northbound, which becomes Paradise Road and then Lafayette Street.
2. Turn right onto Charter Street.
3. Turn left onto Liberty Street, and continue to 2 Liberty Street.
The Berkshire Encyclopedia of World History is “…the benchmark against which future history encyclopedias are compared….”—Booklist
Expanded second edition forthcoming November 2009